Due to the potential danger to our patients from exposure to coronavirus (COVID-19), we at ClearSkin Dermatology are asking patients to postpone elective procedures, surgeries and non-urgent outpatient visits to minimize potential risk.
We will still be open for urgent office visits and urgent procedures with limited hours. We also encourage patients to use teledermatology (virtual visit) with Dr. Jain for those who are appropriate candidates.
For all patients who have a scheduled appointment in the next few weeks, please read the following questions. If you answer yes to any of them, please call us to CANCEL your appointment and RESCHEDULE to a later date.
1. If you are coming for a non-urgent visit, such as a general skin exam, we kindly ask you to call our office to reschedule your appointment to a later date (end of April or in May).
2. If you have experienced a cough, fever or shortness of breath in the past 2 weeks, please cancel your appointment and reschedule for a later date.
3. If you have been in close contact with any family members, friends or associates with fever, cough or shortness of breath, please cancel your appointment and reschedule for a later date.
4. If you have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), please cancel your appointment and reschedule for a later date.
5. If you have traveled out of the country in the past three weeks, kindly cancel your appointment and reschedule for a later date.
Please understand we are trying to limit the amount of traffic in the office to curb the potential exposure to our patients and staff. In this time of uncertainty, please practice essential preventive measures to protect yourself and others around you. Please restrict your time away from home, frequently wash your hands, and avoid social gatherings. The full recommendations by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) can be found at cdc.gov. Thank you for understanding and please stay safe.
ClearSkin Dermatology Staff